Party Delights Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy (together with and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you,
or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how we will treat it
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Party Delights Limited Unit 4 Tallow Way, Fairhills Road,
Irlam, Manchester, M44 6RJ
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.delightsdirect.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, placing an order, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Party Delights Limited, and when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website, also allows us to improve our site and enables you to purchase on our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination in the United Kingdom.
It may also be processed by staff operating in the United Kingdom who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in,
among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for
keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site;
any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to
try to prevent unauthorised access
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by telephone or hard copy media with
information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please either:
- Tick the unsubscribe box on any email we send to you
- Reply to any SMS text that we send you with "unsubscribe"
- If we contact you by telephone inform the person calling you that you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing database.
Call us on the Customer Helpline number provided on any hardcopy mail that we send to you and let us know that you wish to unsubscribe
from our marketing database
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies so they can provide you with relevant products and services.
Reference to group means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may use and share anonymised information outside our group of companies. However, we would like to reassure you that this never includes
your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Party Delights Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when
you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises
that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
- Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie.
They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session.
A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window.
Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences,
and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- Cookies used on our sites
A list of all the cookies used on our sites by category is set out below.
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our sites and use its features.
Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using our sites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use our sites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often,
and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our sites works.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using our sites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies allow our sites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced,
more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that
you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they
cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests.
- They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information
is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality
provided by the other organisation.
- Behavioural advertising and online privacy
A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at
www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the IAB's self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.
- Using browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies,
how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete
similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
For example, if you block or otherwise reject cookies you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Basket, proceed to Checkout,
or use any of our products and services that require you to Sign in. If you leave cookies turned on, remember to log out when you
finish using a shared computer.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for our marketing purposes..
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to contact you.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept
any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our
costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of June 2012. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.